Job Title: Education Coordinator
Job Title Definition:
The Education Coordinator provides planning, support and assistance in identification, development and delivery of educational programs and/or initiatives related to MTVarts, Inc.
This role may be completed in a remote work setting, there is limited office space available.
This is an unpredictable work schedule and will be dictated by the needs of the organization. Depending on the season/production, the role may require daytime, evening and/or weekend hours.
We are seeking a dynamic and passionate Theatre Education Coordinator to join our creative team and lead the development, implementation, and management of our theatre education programs. The Theatre Education Coordinator will play a pivotal role in fostering a love for the performing arts and nurturing the artistic and personal growth of students of all ages. This role requires a combination of educational expertise, organizational skills, and a deep commitment to enriching the lives of individuals through theatre. This role is largely administrative; it may be difficult for the individual to find time to perform in combination with the role.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the theatre education programs, including scheduling classes, workshops, and rehearsals.
- Coordinate with instructors, artists, MTVarts board, and guest speakers to ensure effective program delivery.
-Support preparation of program agreements.
-Liaise with Artistic Director to determine educational theatre productions
-Assist instructors with curriculum development.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of educational initiatives, making adjustments as needed to meet learning objectives.
- Identify, coordinate and train volunteers for MTVarts educational programming
- Recommend innovations and quality improvements to educational programming
- In collaboration with the Business Manager, prepare and manage budgets for MTVarts Education
- In collaboration with the Development team, identify opportunities for grant funding and assist volunteers with writing and reporting.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with local schools, community organizations, and other relevant institutions to expand the reach and impact of the theatre education programs.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with local, regional and national funders of education programs to ensure continued funding for the education programming.
- Represent MTVarts at public events.
- Manage enrollment, registration, and student records for theatre education programs.
- Prepare and manage budgets for program expenses, including materials, resources, and instructor fees.
Evaluation and Reporting:
- Collect and analyze data related to program participation, student progress, and overall impact.
- Generate regular reports and presentations for the MTVarts Board, showcasing the achievements and growth of the theatre education programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Theatre, Education, Performing Arts, or related field (Master's preferred).
- Prior experience in teaching, directing, or coordinating theatre education programs.
- Strong understanding of theatre techniques, acting methodologies, and stage production.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with diverse groups of students, instructors, and stakeholders, including public speaking.
- Organizational prowess and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Creative thinking and adaptability to design innovative and engaging curricula.
- Strong logistical, time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to collaborate with diverse groups of people and voices.
- Proficiency in using technology for instructional purposes and program management.
- A genuine passion for arts education and the ability to inspire others through theatrical
$45,000/year, without benefits. This position is fully grant funded for the first two years.
To apply for the Theatre Education Coordinator position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a portfolio showcasing relevant educational materials and/or theatre experiences to
Join us in Making Theatre by shaping the next generation of theatre enthusiasts in Knox County!