artsIQ is a unique program of arts education. Participating in the arts provides young people with a chance to explore their creativity and imagination in a structured and safe environment. Musical theatre is specifically remarkable because it is the only art form that combines all areas of the fine arts: acting, singing, dancing, music, and visual arts.
Established programming feature:
- an intensive weeklong summer workshop teaching the fundamentals of theatre
- performance based workshop with hands-on learning the process to launch a full-scale musical on the stage of the Memorial Theater. Summer weeklong workshop a prequisite.
- after school classes at warehouse14
- spring performance based workshop
- summer weeklong morning workshop (Footlights) is designed for ages 7 - 9 and those new to artsIQ.
- workshop for C.R.E.W.S where participants learn the behind the scene jobs to create a production.
Fall and spring performance-based workshops will perform as part of Knox ESC Youth Enrichment Series.
artsIQ Tech Track was developed around a kinetic curriculum experiencing the behind-the scenes aspects of production. Field specific experts teach at the beginner level and the workshop culminates with production team positions for each workshop participant. Although not offered in 2021 or 2022, this workshop is offered in 2023 as C.R.E.W.S.
Education Handbook (PDF)